Thursday, June 7, 2007

The Radio Interview

On the 12/04/07 at 9:00am I was interviewed on 3AW. The interview went well and Neil stated that he would get onto VicRoads to find out what was going on. At the conclusion of the interview, Neil's producer informed me that my details would be passed on to some TV stations should they wish to follow up with their own story.

No sooner than I had hung up the phone from 3AW, it began ringing again.
First it was Seven Nightly News.
Then it was Ten News.
Then it was National Nine News.

Then it was 3AW again. They had the Assistant Director of VicRoads on the line and thay wanted me to listen in and comment where I felt necessary. As Neil's producer put it "this is what we call a sting!"

What was to follow was truly amazing. It is a rare occasian that you hear an interviewer really go to town on their subject. Neil did a great job of painting this bloke into a corner.
Finally, what I would call the final blow, came when I asked that if VicRoads would not honour the sale to me, I would request that the proceeds of any sale by auction of the "VW" plates be donated to a charity of my nominating.

The VicRoads man refused my offer. This offer was not to be repeated.

No comments: